1. Concern for Youth is offering a free Sports Night for youth ages 13-19. This program takes place every Friday evening from 7 - 10 p.m. at McKitrick School gymnasium (front of the building, side door).
2. The Battlefords & District Chapter of the Superannuated teachers of Saskatchewan are awarding a $500 scholarship. Pick up your application in the SSO.
3. Battlefords wildlife smoker is May 6th and they are requiring 8-10 student (4:30-8:30) volunteers. Contact Cheryl Irvine at (306) 445-5298 or come to the Student Services Office.
4. U of S offers an online business course recieve university credit and high school credit, deadline to register is June 15 and you can register in the SSO.
5. Saskatchewan Blue Cross is organizing a walk to raise money for MS. Students needing volunteer hours call 306-244-2114 Ext. 5052 or come to the SSO. It will be held on Sunday May 28 between 11-3 p.m at Lawrence Elementary School.
6. Students interested in Lakeland College please come down to the SSO to register for May 9th's presentation.
7. Reminder: Innovation Credit Union scholarship is due May 1.
9. The honor roll has been posted at the Student Services Office. Please check for any errors or omissions.
10. There will be a senior Drama Club meeting after school on Wednesday in Mrs. Storgard's room. Everyone please attend.
11. Me To We has a special fundraiser coming up. Any NBCHS students are welcome to volunteer. Students who attended We Day are invited to give back by volunteering. Students interested please talk to Ms. Waters this week for details.
12. There will be Jazz band practice Tuesday morning and Concert band on Wednesday morning this week. Jazz band will be leaving after school tomorrow to play at The Bassment in Saskatoon.
13. By popular demand the Movie Goers have added one more outing for the year. we will be going to "Everything, Everything" on Friday, May 19. Spots are still available for students in grades 7 - 9. If interested please see Miss Anderson in room 207.
Lunch specials for the week:
Today-Honey Garlic or Buffalo Wings with Caesar Salad; Tuesday-Tortellini with Spinach Salad; Wednesday-Barbeque Beef with Roasted Potatoes; Thursday-Baked Chicken Wraps with Tossed Salad; Friday-Bacon Cheeseburgers with Pepper Fries.
Grads, please pay attention to deadline dates!! These dates are imperative to you and your Graduation.
GRAD 2017 PARENT COMMITTEE
Brent Taylor - Executive
Michelle Beavers - Vice-president